Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Things #9

Looking for RSS feeds to subscribe to was more difficult than I had expected. I was still a little unsure of what I was doing or looking for when I began searching for feeds but I slowly started getting it after looking at the suggested tools.

Technorati
is the site that I used the most. I started out looking for children's literature blogs and became frustrated when all my searches were only returning posts about the topic rather than blogs. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong...UNTIL I noticed the tabs at the top. I could chose from posts, blogs, videos, or photos. Once I clicked on the blogs tab, I was well on my way! My favorite feed that I added to my reader was Barbara O'Connor's blog "Greetings from Nowhere." On O'Connor's blog, along with new book information and writing tips, she has a list of other authors that blog. I hope to start looking at other author blogs and possibly subscribe.

Syndic8 was something I quickly looked at and then quickly left! I did not like the layout or the look of the website. I felt like it was too technical for me...too many links, not enough images, and when I saw the word statistics, it scared me!

I looked at Google Blog Search and Topix but I didn't look around too much. Google Blog Search looked a lot like all the other Google sites and was easy to use. Topix was also easy to use and I liked the way it had local information on the homepage.

I spent way too much time on this "thing" and I am ready to move on!

1 comment:

mmw said...

I love the way you describe the process you went through in playing with this thing!