Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing #22

I feel like a child who is telling you their favorite toy but then quickly changes their mind again, and again, and again!!! Why you ask? Well, because that's what I have done through all 23 things. On my posts I confess that the current "thing" is my favorite but then I find something else that I love just as much and say it's my favorite...but FOR REAL this time...Animoto is my favorite!! What an easy way to create "slideshows." I can think of a million ways I can use this in my personal life and just as many uses for the library. How about creating a video using pictures from children's book week and then adding it to your library homepage. (I'm not sure if we have enough "space" to do that but wouldn't it be cool...) Or how about as a research product, have students search for images related to their unit and create a video. And, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself because I'm not sure if you can only upload photos or if you can upload other images such as book covers...do you see where I'm headed...but what about creating a video with the covers of the Bluebonnet or Mockingbird books. I could keep going forever. I'm definitely going to look into buying a full-length video!


2 comments:

Sandy E. said...

It's definately my favorite too. It's easy to use and your creation looks just marvelous!

abclibrarian said...

This was also one of my favorite "things." I can see teachers using this tool more than the others because it is so easy to use. I like your ideas, especially about the students locating images for a specific topic. Don't you know that they would just love this tool?