Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing #21

The podcasting "thing" seemed to offer many of the things that I already knew. I felt like I was a little ahead on this "thing" due to our podcasting staff development earlier this year but I did learn more about where to find podcasts and the resources of how to make one seems useful, if I ever take on the task of creating one. I spent most of my time searching for podcasts with Educational Podcast Directory. After time-consuming searches for useful podcasts, I was disappointed when I noticed the lack of updates. One podcast that I found and thought I would subscribe to was Book Voyage; however, I noticed that the last podcast submitted was in August 2007. I didn't want to subscribe to something if I wouldn't be getting regular feeds. After searching for a while longer, I came across Storynory, a podcast of audio stories for children. I actually subscribed to this podcast on the day of our staff development using iTunes but do not check it regulary because I don't use iTunes on a daily basis. I have now subscribed with the RSS feed and I look forward to checking in daily...because I check my Bloglines just as much as my email or MySpace.

No comments: