Monday, January 28, 2008

Thing #19

The two "organization" sites that I visited and explored were Bubbl.us and Gliffy. I really do like to be organized (even though my house, my office, and my life sometimes don't show that), so I thought I would enjoy creating mind maps and flowcharts. I did start out the process thinking it was fun but then I got a little frustrated; not frustrated with the tools but with myself and the lack of "thoughts" I had for the mind maps or the flowcharts. I finally thought of what I wanted to do and I was much more successful with the mind maps than the flowcharts. I think I liked the mind maps better because they reminded me of the main idea webs that I used non-stop with my third graders. Once I thought of them that way, as main idea bubbles with details coming off, I was able to get started and create a helpful chart. The flowcharts seemed a little more "technical" to me, and I have to admit, I only stayed there for a short time.

**After this is posted, I will attempt to publish my mind map in my blog. If you don't see it now, keep checking back!

1 comment:

rookiereader said...

Great mind map. What a good idea to help you develop a plan of action. I hope your plan is accepted.